A quick Hi!

Options
SpaceyMedh
SpaceyMedh Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi!

Just joined today on the recommendation of the lovely, patient, knowledgeable person I spoke to on the helpline today. Thank you 😊

I am a person with chronic pain (and the rest) who, whilst I love my own company, is making brave moves to be less isolated. I am seeking the give and take of support and to gain knowledge.

《Big, cheery wave》

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 975
    edited 20. Dec 2022, 10:02
    Options

Hi @SpaceyMedh and welcome to the online community,

Thank you for your kind words about Helpline - I will pass on your comments and I’m sure they will be pleased to hear that they helped you.

Well dont to you for taking the first step to being less isolated - it really does take bravery. All our members experience living with arthritis and are friendly and supportive. Have a look round the forum and join in any conversations where you feel comfortable - Living with Arthritis is a popular place to start.

Heres a link to some useful information on managing pain that I hope is helpful:

Do let us know how you’re getting on,

Anna ( Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• SpaceyMedh
    Options

Hi Anna,

Thank you for the lovely welcome. You're welcome regarding the kind words.

Whilst I am sad that so many people are suffering, it is 'comforting' being amongst people who know what living with mostly invisible conditions is like.

I have Fibromyalgia amongst other conditions and am having Osteoarthritis being diagnosed.

My GP highly recommended Versus Arthritis a couple of months ago - what a great website, with a wealth of information. I called when told I have age-related degeneration and my head got in a spin and more confused than usual 🤭. My first call and my head stopped spinning and set straight again. No more confusion, just acceptance and welcoming a name to some bad pain. Just introducing myself further.