Horrible flare

Options

Hi all.

I have PsA and I'm on both biological treatment and Sulfasalazine. I seldom have a day without some level of pain and, on the back of a nasty cold/chesty cough, I'm now dealing with a really nasty flare.

My condition is normally restricted to my feet and ankles but now my knees are very painful. Does anyone else on this level of treatment still get regular flares? How do you ease the pain and improve the mobility?

Also, could the cold I have have caused a flare? Sorry for all the questions but I'm really struggling.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hello @Cagc1978 and welcome to the online community,

I understand you have PSA and are experiencing daily pain, and after a nasty cold you’re dealing with a flare. You’re wondering if others experience pain while on medication and if your cold could have caused the flare. Speaking from personal experience ( I have rheumatoid not psoriatic arthritis), I do find that after any sort of illness, including a cold, I generally get a flare soon after. It tends not to last too long but it is very debilitating. You might like to read more about PSA on the Versus Arthritis website, link below. There’s an interesting video where people living with PSA talk about their experiences.

All our members live with some form of arthritis and are happy to share their stories and offer friendly help and advice. Here’s a recent thread posted by one of our members:

Do have a look round the forum, ask any questions you have and join in conversations if you feel comfortable. It’s great to have you here!

Anna ( Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm