Allergy to hydroxychloroquine
I started hydroxychloroquine to help with episodic arthritis flare ups. After 3 weeks I developed itchy hives all over)(and I do mean ALL over). These were unbearable amd after being fobbed off by the forst GP, I was given a month of high dose prednisolone then weaning off plus fexofenadine to get under control.
My rheumatologist suggested trying again but I am very reluctant. But she doesn't want to lrescribe anything else. My next appt is in 9 months as it was meant to give time to see the effect of hydroxychloroquine. I can't get an appt sooner.
Has anyone else had this reaction?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe