Diagnosis

Options

Hi

I had an MRI scan a couple of years ago for rotator cuff issues. I was told by the consultant there were signs of arthritis there. I'm at the point now where I'm getting pain in my neck, fingers,arms,hip and feet and knees.

Some days are worse than others ,this probably not helped by having a physical job

I've been to the Dr a couple of times and been told it's wear and tare and getting older (im55)

How can I get a proper diagnosis?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Lane
    Lane Member Posts: 113
    Options

Hello @Martplstr welcome to our online community.

I understand that you have rotator cuff and arthritis giving you pain in your neck, fingers, arms, hips, feet and knees.

I have attached a link from our website giving you information about rotator cuff:

also some details on arthritis too, until you get a diagnosis:

Continue to post and other members will connect with you to share their tips.

All the best.

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 522
    Options

You need to insist that it's not wear and tear. I've had two sub acromial decompressions, one on each shoulder and hats about the only place that now doesn't hurt.

Your issues sound much like my neck issues where I have chronic pins and needles and pain in the left arm. It's so bad at times it feels life a bag of marbles that you keep squeezing until its at the point if popping. If that makes sense.

Tell them you need a second opinion or referral to your make team and don't take no for an answer.

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 522
    Options

Also keep a daily diary of what your feeling pain and discomfort wise.

Note down what you're doing at the time when it flares up and what if necessary makes it better.

A comprehensive pain diary will help you and the drs

Trish x

• Coopersmam
    Coopersmam Member Posts: 11
    Options

Keep pestering the doctor that's what I have had to do a year down the line still not full diagnosis of what's causing all the pain . Finally found a doctor that is listening got referrals for various tests . It's such a slow process in the n.h.s. nowadays but keep plugging away and tell your doctor how it's affecting your mental health aswell as physical pain . Hope you get somebody to sit up and take notice.

San xx

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 709
    Options

Hi @Martplstr

The only thing I'd add to the comments from others here is to put your request in writing. My GP and my first rheumatologist were both slow in responding to my predicament at the start of my PsA treatment. When I complained in writing things changed quickly. From what I've been told if you put it in writing that document has to be added to your medical file so can't be denied at a later date.