Thank you.

Options

At this time of the year, I think it is important to say thank you to those people who really make a difference to peoples' lives. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone at Versus Arthritis for everything that you have done this year, and every year, to help all of us who live with arthritis. The forum offers support and advice to so many people. This is so important to us...so thank you.

Comments

• DebbieL
    DebbieL Member Posts: 64
    Options

I first joined as I was having a bad day . It was lovely to get support and understanding. I then read lots of posts and learned so much about arthritis and how to live with it.

I also often try and help people with information on things that have helped me. It’s really puts a smile on my face when someone has benefitted from something I have suggested.

I’m often on here at night, sometimes late when I am waiting and hoping my painkillers kick in soon. Before I joined there was just me awake with my pain but now I know I can log on here and be distracted for a while and not be alone.

It has made a real difference to my life being a member of this forum- so a big thank you from me to you all

Debbie

• Woofy
    Woofy Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hi DebbieL.

nice to meet you. I have found this helpline so so useful, and people on here very reassuring.

I haven’t had an unbroken nights sleep for a long while, it’s almost the norm for me to be shuffling around at silly o’clock.

I think information about what’s happening to our bodies is key to living with Arthritis. I hate it, but I’m not so frightened by it anymore.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    edited 29. Dec 2022, 06:20
    Options

This forum about saved my life when I first joined. Every single reply to me made me cry and cry it was wonderful.

Since this thread is on the helplines they also helped me I made two calls to them they were so patient and kind to the snivelling wreck who rang up and couldn't speak through her tears.

Cheers!!!!!!!! You are all wonderful.

Paid staff volunteers and EACH OTHER!

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @Becky88

Thank you all so much for your kind comments and really glad that you are finding the helpline helpful. We are here for you and will continue to do our best to help. Please remember to look at our website as well which is useful for help and advice too.

Best wishes

Lynda

Helpline Advisor