Post hip replacement experiences

Options
BayCity
BayCity Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I’ve just joined the forum to say thank you so much to people who have shared their experiences post hip replacement. I’m 56 and getting a hip replacement on 6 January. Luckily I only spent three weeks on the waiting list due to a complex medical history (67 days in Intensive Care!) it is really helpful to know what I might expect. Thank you x

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Welcome to the online community @lesleyunsworth

Thank you for joining us and thank you for your positive comments about the stories you have read about hip operations. We all appreciate having a post that tells us that what we have shared of our experiences has helped some one new coming to the site for the first time.

We will be thinking of you on January 6th and if there is anything we can help you with before or after your hospital visit then don't hesitate to get in touch .

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

I do hope it goes well for you in January, but do come on here if you have any worries or need more tips. The post surgery bit can be pretty gruelling for a few weeks, and it’s ok to feel a bit sorry for yourself from time to time, but persevere, it does get better.