Norovirus & RA - is a flare incoming?

Options

Hi all,

I hope the festive season is treating you well.

Boxing Day with the in-laws has led to a treble household wave of Norovirus. My other half and I are struggling. I am starting to feel more symptoms that surpass the typical nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea (sorry for the tmi!) that make me think a flare might be incoming (muscle aches, joint pain, all over pain etc) as my immune system is being triggered even more than usual.

Can anyone please share their experiences with this so I will have a rough idea of what’s in store for me for the rest of the year? Or any tips, tricks or remedies.

Many thanks,

Loz

Comments

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 524
    Options

A doctor once told me to give my 18 month toddler flat coke or lemonade to help keep him hydrated when very poorly with sickness and diarrhoea It worked and 37 years later I'm still recommending this. You don't need to have it flat but does help. Don't guzzle it just lots of frequent sipping .

Also works well on hangovers for everyone else

Hope you fee better soon trish x

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options

I'm sorry. That wasn't a good end to the festivities.

As for a flare - my experience or RA has always been that anything that raised my temperature would set the joints off. I've never regarded that as a flare as, for me, a flare goes on....and on....etc usually until meds are tweaked. Whereas the sort of thing you write of will die down once the infection does.

I hope it's like that for you and it goes asap. Meanwhile, I'd suggest you don't soldier bravely on., You're ill and need rest. If necessary consult your GP, pharmacist or NHS 111. But try not to fret about what probably won't happen.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright