Supermarket Deliveries in the Nottingham City Area

Options

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year. (Sorry about that. New Year's my thing, not Christmas).

I'm looking for some help again. I'm having real problems with the supermarket delivery service I have subscribed to since the beginning of lockdown.

Out of the last 4 deliveries, there has been 1 total cancellation and 2 very partial deliveries. Also when I rang their customer service department, they was a total lack of compassion or empathy with the fact they are leaving people entering a period of being housebound (post op on my case), that I found distressing. I wouldn't mind, but I accept that things can go wrong. I was offering up to a 72 hour window for them to assure delivery post yhe failed delivery slot!! I've ended up paying for the delivery service, plus a taxi to get me home with the goods they failed to deliver. Time for a rethink I think!!

I am making my feelings known to the company concerned, but I am interested in hearing from anyone who lives in the Nottingham area about the level of reliability of delivery services from their experience. I'm assuming each area may differ, which is why I'm particularly interested in hearing from people in the area where I live.

Many thanks,

Sheelee

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options

Since moving here about 6 years ago, we've had a midweek contract for deliveries. I knew two friends, one about 150 miles away and the other about 300, both had deliveries so I asked them. One had no problems: the other several. No brainer who to go with.

In all that time they rang once to apologise as they'd be about 10 mins late. They also rang once to ask if it would be OK to arŕive 1/4hr early. They bŕing my groceries up the 6 steps and, when Mr SW was in hospital, helped me to empty the crates.

I'm very satisfied with them. They are orange😆

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options

Sorry, I should have said, I don't live anywhere near Nottingham but my belief is that standards are set centrally.

Steven Wright
  • Sheelee
    Sheelee Member Posts: 153
    Options

Hi Sticywicket,

I'm really glad you've got a good service from your Tescos. Unfortunately like one of your friends, I'm not so lucky.

I made a formal complaint over the particular branch that does orders in the area where I live. I agree from the reaction to that complaint, the standards are set centrally. How much each branch implements those standards, centrally they will only know by the feedback from eg customers.

That's why I mentioned the area where I live, wondering which of the supermarkets covering the area where I live are more reliable. I've really given up on this lot, but can't give up on on line delivery because of my arthritis.

Thanks for replying,

Sheelee

• stickywicket
    Options

Tesco's??? Where did that come from? Mine's orange. Mine's S*******y😀

Steven Wright
  • Sheelee
    Options

Sorry Sticywicket,

Yes it's Tescos that are the problem in my area.

I'd have preferred to have got some idea of reliability in my area, but I think I'm going to have to take the plunge and try another for reliability knowing I may end up with another dead duck!! What does seem different about S******ys is that if there is a problem at the store that normally does your delivery, they will pass your order on to another branch so the problem for you as a customer is not passed on to you. With T***os, its your allocated branch or nothing.

Thanjs for asking around.

Happy New Year Sticywicket,

Sheelee x

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460
    Options

Hi all

just to say it's fine to mention super market names, go mad, Sainburys, Asda, Tesco, Lidl. 

😊

Best Wishes

Sharon

• stickywicket
    Options

Ooh, that sounds almost like a swear list, Sharon😆

@Sheelee , I just hope it works out well for you. I never have any qualms about renewing my contract.

Steven Wright
  • JenHB
    JenHB Member Posts: 133
    Options

I'm also Nottingham! I know various friends have used different supermarkets for delivery and don't seem to have problems.

I don't know if you do social media but I've heard that people get better responses from companies when they post on the company social media page...

As an aside, just used Tesco to deliver to a random self catering cottage near Skegness and they found it no problem

Big hugs

• Sheelee
    Options

Thanks JenB,

I do think this problem is localised to areas, served by less than efficient branches of Tescos. I have posted on Tescos Facebook page. Expected some flack, but so far it's not come!!

I'm going to give Sainsburys a try. Comparing prices, they are expensive in certain areas, but Ican stillpick those items up at Tescos. There is no problem going in store.

Are you going to the Versus Arthritis face to face meeting on the 26th? I'm so much looking forward to being among people who really understand what you are going through. It's being run at the Sherwood Community Centre, just about opposite the Woodthorpe Park gates on Mansfield Road, 11-1pm. You can stay on for lunch as well.

Sheelee

• JessicaLizzie
    Options

Hi @Sheelee - I don't live notts city, but not too far from notts (40 min drive). I have had real problems with tesco just cancelling the order the night before or the day of delivery, leaving me with quite literally no food in the cupboards, right after I was discharged from hospital and had no care in place. My social worker had to go and buy me some food. I do find Tescos are very variable. Asda I have found do deliver but tend to have a few substitutes every time. Morrisons alas don't deliver to my area. I have yet to try Sainsburys but having worked for them 11 years ago, they had pretty high standards back then in terms of customer care so I can imagine they would be pretty good. I didn't know Versus Arthritis to face to face meetings - where did you discover that? If I was capable of driving at the mo I would have come to the Notts one!