Hello

Options
Theresa22
Theresa22 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone, my first post. I was lucky enough to have a total knee replacement on the 6th December, I'm doing OK , but just wanted to ask if anyone has any tips for me of how much I should be doing, I do all the exercises and am managing with one crutch and have done a couple of walks around the block. The most crippling thing I'm finding is the loneliness of being coped up most of the day. Trying to keep busy but my brain doesn't want to concentrate.

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Cath100
    Cath100 Moderator Posts: 40
    edited 5. Jan 2023, 17:57
    Options

Hi @Theresa22 , thanks for your message

Welcome to the online community! We are pleased to hear from you and that you have joined us. Am sorry to hear that you have found it isolating, but welcome to the online community, I hope that you find it a supportive and encouraging place to be and can help you feel less isolated. Do have a look around as sometimes there are topics that are specifically about things like surgery or hip/knee replacement and other people's experiences which can be helpful and they might be chatting about things that you find useful which you can join in with. Well done too on manging to do all the exercises that have been recommended, you might find our info on knee replacement helpful here

Which includes information about recovery and tips.

You might also find the recovery guide which has been produced by the Royal college of surgeons helpful too here

Perhaps also if you are worried it might be worth getting in contact with the GP and/or the surgeon or physiotherapist that has come out to see you as they would be best to ask these kind of questions.

Do contact us again if you need anything else.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Cath100

(Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,474
    Options

Hi @Theresa22

Nice to meet you.

I don't know if this will help it's an old thread by @Helenbothknees who had a bilateral knee replacement some years ago. It's worth a read as lots of people also posted on the thread.

Keep posting trust me it helps keeping in touch with people who understand😊

Take care

Toni x

• movingslowly
    movingslowly Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hello @Theresa22 👋🏻