Hello

Options
Maria64
Maria64 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

I'm new here. I was diagnosed with OA in my neck after a car crash, 13 years ago. Subsequently I was diagnosed with severe OA in my knees. Although I can walk a few feet with elbow crutches, the pain is so bad that I use a power chair most of the time. Due to other medical conditions I cannot, at present, have knee replacement surgery. I don't really know what support can be offered - I'm autistic, so I struggle with having to interact with other people, so I'd probably be really difficult to support anyway 🙃

Comments

• GillC64
    GillC64 Moderator Posts: 22
    Options

Hi @Maria64

Welcome to the online community, I hope you find it a helpful resource and a source of encouragement. You may find this a great way to get support due to your autism. So sorry to hear that the pain is starting to make you feel low, it is so tough sometimes to say the least dealing with a condition like arthritis on a daily basis and also not being able to find a treatment option that gives you some relief. I'm hoping the management section below may be of use to you

You might also find some further help here in our section about managing your pain

If you haven't already you could also ask your GP about a referral to a pain management clinic and perhaps look at the 'Escape pain' programme- you can find this on our website or the 'Lets move with leon' programme.

We are a supportive community and am sure others may also have some suggestions.

Thanks for your message

Best wishes

Gillian - Moderator

• movingslowly
    movingslowly Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hello@Maria64