Recently diagnosed - Hello

Options
JenniL
JenniL Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

I have had osteo arthritis in my left knee for the last two years and have had a recent diagnosis of severe osteo arthritis in my left hand. My condition is impacting on my ability to carry out every day tasks and my mobility has significantly reduced. I am receiving support from my GP to manage my condition (pain) but it can be tough some days.

Comments

• GillC64
    GillC64 Moderator Posts: 22
    edited 6. Jan 2023, 10:07
    Options

Hi @JenniL

Welcome to the online community, I hope you find it a helpful resource and a source of encouragement. So sorry to hear that it is now starting to affect your ability and mobility, it is so tough sometimes to say the least dealing with a condition like arthritis on a daily basis and also not being able to find a treatment option that gives you some relief. I'm hoping you may find something useful in the management section below.

An occupational therapist referral could be useful in helping your ability, they can also come out and do a home assessment to see if you require anything at home to help you on a day to day basis .

We are a supportive community and I am sure others may also have some suggestions.

Thanks for your message

Best wishes

Gillian - Moderator

• movingslowly
    movingslowly Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hello @JenniL

Don't have any pearls of wisdom, just wanted to say hello 👋🏻

• Fran54
    Fran54 Member Posts: 197
    Options

Hi JenniL

I too have osteoarthritis in my right knee and know what it is like when your mobility declines and everyday tasks seem impossible to do.

My Dr as well as giving me painkillers which help a lot also referred me to have physio sessions at my local hospital. Can I ask if you have been given any physio exercises to do? They do help quite a lot in keeping me mobile and I have been doing mine on and off now for over a year. You do have to persevere with them but it is worth the effort.

I hope that things will improve for you and when things get tough you can always come on here and vent your feelings, knowing that people will always be there to help.

Take care🙂