Recent trapeiciectomy

Options
trafx3868
trafx3868 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone

I had a trapeiciectomy about six weeks ago and was wondering if anyone could help me with recovery time

I am a provider Service Worker by profession so do a lot of moving and handling during my day and we do physio programmes

The people I support are physically disabled so are not of usual shape etc

I am feeling under pressure to return from my manager

Thanks

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 797
    edited 7. Jan 2023, 13:05
    Options

Hi @trafx3868

welcome to the online community its great to see you posting and asking questions

You say you have had a trapeicieotomy about 6 weeks ago and would like advice on recovery time.

here is a link that may help

hope all goes well please keep in touch and tell us how you get on and do go onto our forums and chat to others.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Lizbam
    Lizbam Member Posts: 13
    Options

Hello I have had a trapeziectomy on both hands (at different times) and I am pain free now - it’s 18 months since the second op. I must admit recovery time was longer than I thought and I continued to wear my splint while at work on and off, as I needed to use my hand which became sore with use during the day. With a newly operated hand you shouldn’t really be moving and handling this early - probably 3 months. Have a talk to your surgeon who will advise you or speak to your physiotherapist?