Options
CarolR
CarolR Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi I have joined the group online because I have been using the Versus Arthritis Exercises for hip and joint pain for quite a while and found they helped keep everything moving and eased the pain unless I have a flare up then I can hardly put one foot in front of the other. I am on the waiting list for a full hip replacement. My left hip is the main issue but I now found the right hip is causing pain especially in bed trying to sleep. Does anyone have any remedies to aid sleep? I hope to read lots of reviews and learn more about everyone else’s experiences.

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 687
    Options

Hi @CarolR  

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

You have hip and joint pain and are on the waiting list for a hip replacement.  You’d like to hear from any members who have suggestions as to how to get a sound night’s sleep. 

In case you haven’t visited our website, here’s a link that you may find useful:

I hope joining the forum proves beneficial and that your situation improves. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,474
    Options

Hi @CarolR

Nice to meet you and welcome you to the online community.

Are any of your medications slow release? I only say that because that might get you through the night. My anti-inflammatory is a 24 hour one and I have also used pain patches on prescription. Mine was a kind of low dose synthetic morphine. They lasted 7 days.

I also was prescribed a muscle relaxant medication at one point due to agony at night and I know others on here use it too. It is an antidepressant at much higher doses.

I bet you are 'favouring' your 'good' hip and it is getting sore now too. Might be worth a chat with your Dr as you'd only need help until the surgery hopefully.

Take care

Toni x