Hip Replacement on Its Way!!
I'm terrified, being new to things like operating theatres, but my hip replacement is planned for 15.3.23.
I had my pre op assessment in December, and because I'm otherwise healthy, so not anticipated to need any emergency treatment as met in a large NHS facility, they got me in at a private hospital, with my NHS consultant still doing the op.
Bit of a pain getting around the hospital's need for a "next of kin". I've no family and currently not in a stable relationship, so trying to find out a way whereby my worst case scenarios wishes can be enforced.
I'd planned to get a Power of Attorney (POA) in place, but its only now that it becomes very relevant. Going to have to do some form of "makeshift " arrangements because there is no way a POA can be processed in time for the op. Just a hint for anyone else in a similar situation. Any ideas would be welcome.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe