RA Advice

Options
moRAprob
moRAprob Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi All

Had RA since i was 48.. now 50.. i tried Sulphasalazine for almost a year but it did nothing for me im now on Methotrexate 17.5mg per week, it helps a bit but the side effects are bad. i am extremely tired with no energy, feel grotty and get terrible mouth ulcers. i also suffer from chronic asthma that i have had for years but feel that this is badly affected by methotrexate? anyone else feel the same? I feel like i need to keep going and lying down. ( i take folic for this but find i have to be careful as this upsets my tummy badly). the only thing i find helps is either predisolone or a depo medro injection. which isn't good for health and we can only have so many.

was wondering is anyone the same - do you find steroids a great relief, but methotrexate makes you feel unwell? Going back for check up this week as i have inflamed again - after a cold virus - have swollen wrists fingers knees feet ankles etc..... hoping for another depo - and change in medication - has anyone added to methotrexate with something else to improve .....also can't work at the moment because of constant tiredness, bad asthma and very bad joints - do many people continue to work and if not can you claim anything with being ill all the time.

good to see people can chat about this.

Be nice to get any advise

thanks

moRAprob

Comments