Bursitis - what works for you?
I've had bursitis in my left hip for about 6 years and am now going through another flareup, with the pain going across my back and down to my knees. 6 steroid injections tried in the first few years did absolutely nothing.
A rheumatologist told me that bursitis was all part of fibromyalgia (from which I also suffer), while a physiotherapist said that any bursitis pain was actually coming from the lower back. I'm pretty sure it's actually the bursa that's inflamed, especially after reading the information about it on this site.
I've been taking paracetamol as I can't take ibuprofen without a stomach protector, so may ring the surgery next week and see if I can get something.
I'd be interested to hear about how others cope and what medication works for them.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe