Bursitis - what works for you?

Options

I've had bursitis in my left hip for about 6 years and am now going through another flareup, with the pain going across my back and down to my knees. 6 steroid injections tried in the first few years did absolutely nothing.

A rheumatologist told me that bursitis was all part of fibromyalgia (from which I also suffer), while a physiotherapist said that any bursitis pain was actually coming from the lower back. I'm pretty sure it's actually the bursa that's inflamed, especially after reading the information about it on this site.

I've been taking paracetamol as I can't take ibuprofen without a stomach protector, so may ring the surgery next week and see if I can get something.

I'd be interested to hear about how others cope and what medication works for them.

Comments

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 393
    Options

I suspect I have Bursitis in my knees but I don't have a clue what the treatment is. It seems to have eased off from doing a bit of regular walking to the extent I could, if I wanted to, swing my legs onto a bicycle and ride around.

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options

Well to be honest, not a lot helps but being gentle with myself, it does seem to go away and only if I get on my motorbike do I get the pain again. Note to self , be careful! Unfortunately I broke my coccyx last May and have to be even more careful……..

it’s a grin, honest!