Recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis

Options

Hello All,

Good to find this forum as I have been recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis I was diagnosed early this January with Rheumatoid Arthritis & Fibromyalgia a couple of months ago.

I was diagnosed with Post Covid Syndrome last July 22 after having Covid in Feb22 the Rheumatologist thinks the Fibromyalgia & Rheumatoid arthritis have been triggered by Covid. It's all very confusing what pains what /symptoms relate to which & how to best manage symptoms.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Comments

• Dannii28
    Dannii28 Member Posts: 65
    Options

Evening @Mayla

Welcome to the Online Community Forum so pleased you have found us. I am sure you will find the Community a great place to ask questions and get some support with your recent diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia.

I have attached some links below which you may find helpful:

Please do have a look around the community as there maybe some other members in the same/similar situation as you and who maybe able to share some of their experiences.

Again welcome to the community - Dannii (MOD)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options

Hi there,

If you look at our Coronavirus forum you'll find several people who think their RA, or other inflammatory form of arthritis, was triggered by covid. It's long been known that inflammatory arthritis can result from a genetic propensity coming into contact with a precipitating factor, usually an infection of some kind.

I've no idea where mine came from but, many years ofmit make me feel it's a bit pointless to try to figure out which pain comes from where. Just take the DMARDS, eat and exercise healthily and be conscientious about the blood tests.

Good luck with it all.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Mayla
    Mayla Member Posts: 6
    Options

Thanks for reply & advice stickywicket that sounds like a good plan :)

Thanks Dannii too for the links

• Mayla
    Mayla Member Posts: 6
    Options

Thanks for reply & advice stickywicket that sounds like a good plan :)

Thanks Dannii too for the links

• KimKim2023
    KimKim2023 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hi ...my symptoms started two months after my COVID jab. Been trying to work it all out for two years ..

Can you link me to the coronavirus forum please...?

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522
    Options

@KimKim2023

I trust you have seen my earlier response, giving links to Covid information and the phone number for our helpline.

Good luck,

Tom, Moderator.

• Arthuritis
    Arthuritis Member Posts: 444
    edited 2. Feb 2023, 23:58
    Options

@KimKim2023 i suspected my RA could have been triggered by my MRNA jab, as I started getting overt RA symptoms 2 months after the jab, however correlation is not evidence of causation and would not even attract research funding unless a large number of people reported the same correlation. I don’t know if that is even being recorded, although I did report mine through the NHS yellow card system.