arthritis newbie

Options
justjimmy
justjimmy Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

hi everyone I'm here looking for some advice on just how to maybe deal with arthritis manly in my knee but also in my hip i had hip replacement 3 years ago but now been on waiting list for second hip replacement 5 months now but my main problem is my knee i take co- codamol and morphine every day but it's just stopped working i have knee pain 24 7 and it's become so hard to deal with walking getting out of a chair lying in bed makes no difference to the point i don't want to be here anymore gone downhill so fast. x rays see that cartilage has just disappeared from knee joint so everything I do makes a loud scraping noise life is fun isn't it how our bodies treat us impossible to get any help of doctors, Sorry to be so negative on my first post hoping someone has any ideas how to just get some relief from a little pain in my life thanks for reading my post

Comments

• Lane
    Lane Member Posts: 113
    edited 29. Jan 2023, 15:11
    Options

Hi @justjimmy welcome to our online community.

I understand that you are looking for some advice mainly with your knee. You have had one hip replacement and on the waiting list for the other. You are taking co-codamol and morphine every day, but seems to have stopped working. That you are also having mobility difficulties.

You also say you don't want to be here anymore as things have gone downhill so fast? You can speak to the Samaritans 365 days of the year on 116 123. Samaritans | Every life lost to suicide is a tragedy | Here to listen if everything gets difficult for you.

I have attached a link from our website for you to have a look at:

I am so glad you found us.

Best wishes.

Lane (moderator)

• Louisa77
    Louisa77 Administrator Posts: 250
    Options

Hi @justjimmy

Sorry to hear things are tough for you at the moment. You haven't mentioned which arthritis you have but if it is Osteoarthritis, there is some great research and reports on the effectiveness of Capsaicin cream for your knees, here's some info Capsaicin | Uses, side-effects | Versus Arthritis.

There is lots of useful content on our website about preparing and recovering before and after surgery.

Please reach out to your medical team either GP or rheumatology team as they need to review your pain medication if it is no longer effective.

Managing your pain | Treatments and self-help (versusarthritis.org)

Do take care, it's good that you have reached out to us on the community and you will find people here that understand, if at any point things are getting too much do reach out for support to Samaritans (details above provided by Lane).

Best wishes

Louisa77 (moderator)

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Faithhope22
    Faithhope22 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Hello justjimmy

so sorry to read your so low and in such pain please go back to your Doctor or different one and ask for help we shouldn’t have to suffer like this, l know it’s such a vulnerable place to be. There are people here were you will be in their thoughts including me so not alone hope this will help. Faithhope22

• Faithhope22
    Options

Hello justjimmy

how are you today.

Faithhope22

• justjimmy
    justjimmy Member Posts: 2
    Options

thanks for the advice guys I've suffered for 12 years with hip problems consultants say your to young your over weight and go home for 12 months then 3 years ago managed to get hip done had to make a choice as to which side since then my other hip has gone i had my pre op in august of last year 16 week wait still waiting admissions say they have no control of when hip will get done so made effort to contact consultant only speak to secretary nothing they can do gp sent them letter in December they had not even read it as for knee I'm at what they say stage 4 bone on bone meds don't work anymore told nothing they can do as hip has to be done first just to get something that could ease the pain would help me get on with life really don't know what to do feel like I'm moaning all the time with family am starting to just give up tried so hard to get help frustrated with life but will have a recommended parts on here thanks again

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,005
    Options

Hi @justjimmy one of the main advantages of being here on this community is you are among friends who have some idea of what you are going through - so reach out if you need to. We all have a moan and a rant sometimes when the pain gets too much - this is a safe place to do it, among your new friends

Take care and reach out if you need any help or information

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Faithhope22
    Options

Hello justjimmy

Really we all need an advocate to help support us when we’re struggling who fully understands what’s going on with us to doctors appointments and hospital, your not moaning at all don’t feel that you are l am a lot older than you and wish that for myself.

Faithhope22