Hello I'm new and could really use some advice

Options

Morning all

I'm new here but have been diagnosed with psa for about 3 years although been suffering for many more than that.

My history is started on sulphasalazine and stopped due to headaches. Moved on to methotrexate tablets but switched over to injectables which were then stopped due to nausea. Then started on hyrimoz which has been fine but not made much difference. Have recently started methotrexate injections again and it really helps my psoriasis but not my joint pain.

My bloods always show a raised esr.

My worries today are...

I have a review with rheum today and last time I saw her she sent me for ultrasounds on joints and said if it doesn't show inflammation she will diagnose me with fibromyalgia.

I don't agree with this and am scared because there doesn't then seem to be much help. If it's fibro then why would my esr be raised and occasional crp.

I just don't want to be discharged from her and I want to stay on methotrexate for my psoriasis.

I feel like she's just giving up on me and I don't understand how my ultrasounds showed nothing when I am in so much pain all the time.

How should I approach today's appointment? Is there anything else I should be asking for?

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,005
    Options

Hi @Kvec1507 and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have psoriatic arthritis and you have an appointment with your rheumatologist consultant today. I think the questions you are asking in your post are the ones that you need to put to them. Also have a look through the following from our website

and

I hope that helps a bit and I am sure others will connect with you to share their experiences as well. Please keep posting and let us know how you get on

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Oh gosh @Kvec1507

How did your appointment go? Sorry I am late replying to this, but my best advice is always to take someone with you. It gives you the support you need to get the help you need. Also they can be there to help you remember what to ask and remember what the rheumatologist said.

I really hope you haven't been fobbed off and discharged.

Sending ((()))

Toni x