Psoriatic Arthritis

Options
MaryK
MaryK Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi I've had this for over 15 years but still don't feel I have learnt to live with it well How do you all cope?

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @MaryK

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So you have Psoriatic Arthritis, which you have had for the last 15 years. You are wondering how other people cope with it, as although you have had it for many years, you do not feel like you have learnt how to live with it.

It can defiantly difficult to live with something no matter how long you have been diagnosed so please do not feel like you are the only one. Arthritis has a whole is a very changeable condition that can be influenced by many different factors. Now that you are a member of the online community you can now directly to people that have the same condition and talk about what helps you all and what doesn't work. I'm sure you will have many responses on this post once more people have seen it.

In the mean time, I have attached a couple of links below to information that I think will be of interest to you so please do have a read when you have a moment.

Please do continue to get involved in the online community - we are a friendly group and are always looking to make new friends.

Please do let us know how you are getting on.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Hello @MaryK welcome to the forum from me too.

I think to be fair we all cope in our own ways, but it helps to come here and talk to other people who understand how you feel.

these are all the posts tagged as PsA you might find them useful to read:

Hope it helps.

Take care

Toni x

• Rina
    Rina Member Posts: 85
    Options

Hi @MaryK, just wanted to add that I believe knowledge is power, especially when living with RA. I ‘ve found the Versus Arthritis website really really useful to find out more about my RA - from what all the meds are to treat it, to gentle exercises to help deal with the pain, to stories of other people’s experiences. There’s still so much I don’t know ( and I’ve had it over 40 years!) but VA is definitely my go to place when I have any questions or concerns. I also use the forum a lot - I don’t post much but I use the search button to type in key words and see what other people have posted about particular problems/issues.

All the best, Rina 😊