Yes, but……

Options

Just had the first rheummy appointment where it was confirmed I am seronegative RA, but (and there’s always one of those!) since the department is housed in a temporary structure he didn’t have access to the images of my latest scan so I have been invited to his usual hospital where he can carry out a scan and tell to what degree the problem affects me. Without this information he didn’t want to give me unnecessary meds not that he had a prescription pad! Many apologies were voiced but (and another!) at least we have started the process. Light at the end of the tunnel?

A lifetimes OA will still affect me and hopefully the RA can be treated to some extent and future affects reduced. Sulfasalazine was the suggested meds due to the RA affecting my lungs.

its a grin, honest!

Comments

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 524
    Options

Hi @airwave

I think if I'd have been very frustrated and possibly annoyed that, knowing he wouldn't be able to review your scans, he hadn't seen them before your appointment at his usual hospital. I know my consultants in bucks and Oxfordshire can log in and see my record and scans from each other.

I hope you don't have to wait too long

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• movingslowly
    Options

@airwave

Great news. You've got the ball rolling. long may it continue and gain momentum 🙂

MRI showed my lungs weren't doing so great either. Here's hoping you can get another consult soon enough and start your sulfasalazine.

Best wishes

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options

I like the sound of that, Airwave and great ŕhat you'll get a more up to date scan. I wonder if he wants to compare the two to see if there are any changes. Anyway, as you say, the ball is now in motion.

(Prescription pad? Airwave, I know you and I are two of the.....er......elder starespeople(?) of these forums but when did you last see a prescription pad? Computers spew out our prescriptions now. Docs just add a squiggle 😆)

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options

Hey Stickey, I hadn’t thought of that ! Perhaps he thought I might be more conversant with that technology? Haha…..

pits a grin, honest!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

hahaha! you two are mere babies!!!!

@airwave I am so glad things are still progressing for you.

Toni x

• airwave
    edited 17. Feb 2023, 20:12
    Options

Just as a bit extra, the rheummy said he measures the bubbles in the blood flow, ( this shows the amount of swelling of the capsule around the joint ( not the swelling of your skin) ) measured on a scale of 0-3. 0 does not need to be treated, 1 the same but 2 & 3 are in need of meds.

it’s a grin, honest!

p.s. the internet said NO!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Wow @airwave I never knew that!

Thanks

Toni x

• airwave
    Options

The report of my Rheummy appointment…….it didn’t happen, got a phone call by a foreign lady that was hard to understand telling me it was cancelled, so a few more weeks to wait.

oh B&£S, when will this end?

it’s a grin, honest!

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 524
    Options

@airwave

That's (insert swear word of your choice here)

Cancellations are parc (read backwards). I'm hoping that my surgery will eventually happen on Wednesday after 5 cancellations since September 2019 and stinky covid.

I hope you get another fairly quickly.

Me....I'm half expecting it to be cancelled again tomorrow lol.

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• airwave
    Options

as you say ‘it’s s@#t’. I could use many choice descriptions! After so many years of pain, I had this cloud hung in front of me with writing on, a promised land ‘less pain’. Oh but what’s a few more week of pain…...?

rant over.

pits a grin, honest!