Advice sought

Options
Curlew
Curlew Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

hello

Has anyone tried Activ8 Joint Complete? it all sounds good in the video, but does it work? and is it safe?

Comments

• Lane
    Lane Member Posts: 113
    edited 1. Feb 2023, 09:37
    Options

Hi @Curlew

I understand that you have arthritis in your hands and feet and are looking for some advice with supplements. I have attached a link from our website, information for you to have a look at:

Thank you for getting in touch with us and do continue to post and connect with our members.

Best wishes.

• Eunomias
    Eunomias Member Posts: 2
    Options

That is not an answer to the question. I can see no reference to the product Activ8 Joint Complete in the link which you provided.

So I repeat the question:

"Has anyone tried Activ8 Joint Complete? it all sounds good in the video, but does it work? and is it safe?"

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Apologies @Curlew for hijacking your thread I just want to welcome @Eunomias

I agree there is no actual reply to the question above, but I think having done a search here:

it might be because no-one here has actually tried it, having discussing it with other members. Therefore not much is known other than a video (referenced in a few of the threads) and reviews on the actual site which as you probably know might be biased in favour of positive outcomes.

I found this thread, from those in the search, above the most useful myself:

Should you decide to give it a try please do let us know whether it helps.

My best wishes

Ellen.

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

Hello @Curlew,

As Activ8 is hellishly expensive I bought all the constituent ingredients separately - it didn't work for me.

I spoke to my Orthopaedic Surgeon about this and he wasn't surprised because most of the ingredients are aimed at repairing damaged Cartilage and as I have absolutely none left in either of my knees there was nothing to repair. He explained that cartilage has no blood supply so once it's gone, it's gone.

I also found about 6 weeks in that my symptoms were getting worse - hot, achy and throbbing legs, sharp stabbing pains in the hamstrings and cruciate ligaments and more locks than usual. I traced it to the Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Eggshell membrane and Type 2 Collagen. I was good with the Turmeric and Boswellia which I still take today.

So, if you've got a goodly amount of cartilage left then it could well work for you but if you find as I did you're feeling worse, not better, it may be a reaction to some of these ingredients which for all I know may have clashed with my prescribed meds.

Good luck, fingers crossed!

Jon

• Ianoonan
    Ianoonan Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Curlew,

I was interested to see your question as I am about 10 days into taking these supplements for the first time and I can feel a difference in my hips and also an improvement in my hands. This was totally unexpected and I’m fully prepared for it to be a lucky blip that won’t last but I have to say it’s taken me by surprise. I feel like I can move in a way I haven’t been able to for a very long time. The pain isn’t gone but there is a reduction for sure. I am definitely going to keep taking them and can report back in another few weeks whether it’s had a lasting effect and whether I can truly recommend them.

I honestly don’t know what else could have brought about this change as I’ve made no other changes to my physiotherapy, to my diet or any other changes in my life. Prior to this I felt like I’d tried everything but got no relief. (Apart from a turmeric massage oil that actually does offer some relief too).

I can report back in another few weeks if you want!