Help with Bloods

Options
KimKim2023
KimKim2023 Member Posts: 9
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello RA Gang,

I am new arrival here, and I am hoping someone could help me interpreting some of my recent blood tests for RF and Anti-CCP.

I got them privately at the Nuffield. As my GP.. was ...reluctant to request them. My symptoms literally flared up a month after my first COVID jab. No issues with RA type symptoms ever before. Suddenly onset of dual Tennis Elbow, both hands burning hot and aching deeply. Recently, claw hands at night as fingers stiffen, trigger finger in right hand.

My ACCP antibodies result was shown as

<7 u/ml. With the Norm Range column showing 0-17 u/ml

My Auto-Antibody profile ( Thy Pero abs ) was shown as

<10 iu/ml. With the Norm Range column showing <50 iu/ml

My RF Quantative result was shown as

<10 iu/ml with the Norm Range column showing <14 iu/ml

I offer my thanks in advance for any help or advice rendered. I am in something of a state if honest.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options

I can't really help as I don't speak medic.

I think the '<' sign means 'less than' but bear in mind I was always rubbish at maths😉 If, and only if, I'm right, my interpretation would be that all your results (I have RA but I've no idea what they are measuring) are below any cause for concern but, really, you should ring up whoever did them and ask.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ljt79
    ljt79 Member Posts: 15
    Options

Hope this helps:

Anti-ccp: you have less than 7 units per ml. This test considers anything over 17 abnormal, so they are treating the result as negative. (Possibly worth knowing anti-ccp results are specific to the type of test the lab used, so reference ranges vary, if you're googling...)

Auto-Antibody profile ( Thy Pero abs ) is less than 10 iu/ml. Over 50 iu/ml would be considered positive.

RF is less than 10 iu/ml. Over 14 iu/ml would be considered positive.

These results being negative doesn't rule out RA, or another condition (types inflammatory arthritis, lupus etc) on their own, but if positive are useful indicators for the doctors doing the diagnosing.

N.b. I'm not a Dr!

It might be worth ringing the helpline for advice on questions to ask your Dr to help get to the bottom of what's going on?

Hope you get some answers x

• KimKim2023
    Options

Not a doctor but you are kind and very helpful, thank you for clarifying that for me. It's is much appreciated. I am in a state looking for answers. I am going to call the helpline tomorrow. I have been literally on the floor tired today, hands and feet burning / aching.

K 🌻

• KimKim2023
    Options

Thank you Stickywicket.🌻👍😀