Meds advice needed

Options
Caro65
Caro65 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello I am new and not sure if I am in the right place here.....need advice on meds

..currently on Oluimant and Doc wants me to change but dont like the idea of pens so what other meds ie tablets are out there.

Tried MTX , Leflumid and a biological pen then onto Oliumant 2mg per day.

I am happy with this med and my bloods are all good but Dr is concerned re warnings for over 65s re heart, dvt and stroke risk.

I am 57, post meno , underactive thyroid and overweight with family history of heart , thyroid and RA.

Head is in a spin ...HELP

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    edited 7. Feb 2023, 10:46
    Options

Hello @Caro65 Welcome to the online community.

I have moved your post here and started a new thread so that more people should see it and be able to comment I hope that's ok.

I see from your post that your Dr is wanting to change your medication, which is working really well at the moment due to age. You are currently taking Olumiant (also known as Baricitinib) and have tried quite a few other medications in the past.

You are interested to know what other Biologic medications can be taken in tablet form rather than by pen/injection. I am going to attach a link listing most DMARDs for you to look at:

Is it a fear of needles you have I wonder? Apologies if it's not, but if so you are totally not alone this search listed lots of threads on the issue:

Now that you have found us please do feel free to take a look around the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable Living with Arthritis tends to be a very popular category.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options

Hi @Caro65

Cheeky Dr you aren't anywhere near 60 yet! Still I suppose there's no harm in starting to make plans and think about the future.

I am not on a biologic so can't help much hopefully some of our other members will be able to help more.

I do however have a fear of needles so if that's your problem with pens - I get it!!

Lovely to meet you anyway

Toni x