Osteoarthritis of the hip and incontinence issues!

Options
Teresapescado
Teresapescado Member Posts: 20
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone,

I am new to this community but so pleased you all exist, although I would prefer you existed pain free! I have osteoarthritis in my hip, now bone on bone and all the joys that go with it. I am due a full hip replacement in approximately 2 months although, subject to cancellation. My problem is I have now developed bladder incontinence and newly appointed surgeon says this needs sorting before hip operation. As it has taken me years to get to the stage of actually being diagnosed and accepted for hip surgery I am concerned I will now have to wait another zillion years for bladder to get sorted before painful hip can be done. I am a complete medical phobic so the prospect of two operations scares the life out of me. Does anyone know whether there is a link between hip osteoarthritis and bladder incontinence? Mine is definitely a case of the worse my osteoarthritis gets the worse my bladder gets. I have checked with Dr Google and there are some stats out there but I am seeking more personal experience. I have read there is a connection after hip replacement but my case is before. Many thanks

Comments