Hips

Options
Dolphin1
Dolphin1 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Bilateral hip pain. Physio not really helping. I can walk about 3miles. Not sure what to do next

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hello @Dolphin1 and welcome to the online community,

I understand you have bilateral hip pain and the physio doesn't seem to be helping. You're not sure what to do next.

All our members have experienced living with arthritis, and I'm sure some will come along to share their story and offer you friendly advice.

Meanwhile, you could have a look at the Versus Arthritis webpage about hip pain. It gives you some suggestions for managing your condition, as well as details of the sort of medical treatments that may be recommended to you. This will give you some idea of what the next steps in your treatment could be.

Do let us know how you're getting on,

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Dianes1
    Dianes1 Member Posts: 43
    Options

Hi Dolphin, sorry to hear about your hip pain. Have you been to GP and had it checked out. My hip osteoarthritis started about four years ago and xrays showed osteoarthritis in the hips. I could still walk six miles a day with my dogs and with painkillers managed to cope. I did all the exercises that the physio gave me but eventually xrays showed bone on bone and consultant advised hip replacement. I had this nine weeks ago and I am progressing well. Lots of help and advice will be found on here.