Cannabidiol and epilepsy

Options

Hi there,

I'm currently having sleepless nights due to chronic arthritis pain, at the moment I am on 10/500mg of co-dydramol, which does nothing to ease the pain, I have tried higher doses, but they just make me feel sick.

I am also an epileptic, but the seizures are well controlled and I have been on medication for them for years.

What I would like to ask is has anyone tried cannabidiol in the position I am in?

Thank you

Pam

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hello @pamc welcome to the online community.

We are glad you found us and hope that you will find that our peer support group a friendly and safe place to share your concerns about living with arthritis.

You are struggling with pain which is disturbing your sleep and your medication is not effective in easing it. So you wonder if any of our members have tried cannabis oil and hope to hear of their experiences.

There are a number of links below which I hope you will find useful

When you get the chance to look further there are lots of links on the community to members' conversations and tips about issues with pain and sleep . So do take time to look around and join in with us all again soon.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 522
    Options

Hi @pamc

I would suggest before buying this you speak to your GP.

I've been epileptic since birth, I'm now 66. Although I don't now need to take meds for it and seizures are now very few from having grand Mal seizures every day, seizures are now few and far between I know only too well how slight changes kick you into to reality whether they are lifestyle or medication and the depression that that brings.

It may be that the doctors can change your meds around so you can cope with your pain. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but I really think this is best for you.

Love n hugs

Trish xx