A slow wave and nod to you all from my seated position

Options
Rach3l
Rach3l Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello to you all today, I’ve just joined the community for very selfish reasons. I always feel so different or outside the action. I always say I have to be 2 different people, the brave face and the anxious emotional painful mess that others rarely see. So I’m hoping being here gives me a sense of normal in our very unnormal work of chronic pain conditions.

Rachel

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options

Hi there,

Welcome aboard. What sort of arthritis do you have and how does it affect you? Mine's RA and OA and I guess it affects everything now but I still manage to enjoy life😀

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Rach3l
    Rach3l Member Posts: 2
    Options

👋🏻 I have RA, OA and fibromyalgia. I still try to find enjoyment but I was only diagnosed with RA and OA in 2021 when it started it’s affected my fibromyalgia which seems to be in an endless flare… that’s the difficult part because there’s no easy plan to control the pain of it.

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @Rach3l  

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum from me too. 

I see that you have multiple arthritic conditions which affect your fibromyalgia leading to multiple flares. 

You may well have already visited our website but just in case, here’s a link that may be useful: 

Also, here’s a recent discussion in the forum which you may wish to join in with:

I hope that joining the forum and chatting others in a similar position proves beneficial for you. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options

I'm pleased to say I don'-t do fibro.

Were your RA and OA diagnosed together then? I had RÀ for years (before DMARDS) which is how I acquired OA. One or two do it the other way round though.

If you look on the Chit Chat forum there are people sharing hobbies - gardening, sports, reading etc. Just join in anywhere.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright