RA new diagnosis. Link with food intolerances?

Options
DebsM
DebsM Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi,

my dear old mum has had RA for 35+ years, so in October I had a couple of “episodes” (hands & wrists), and thought - oh yes, I know what this is! Got a quick referral from my GP, but the scans didn’t show the typical damage, although bloods showed some inflammatory factors. I suggested to the rheumatologist that the scans etc were done very early, so he said we’ll do them again in a few weeks.(The pain/ inflammation shortly became a constant companion). The radiologist confirmed the diagnosis at the repeat wrist scans on 27 Jan, I am seeing the rheumatologist for the 2nd time next week, and I hope to get some disease mitigating medication. At the moment I am using naproxen morning & at night. Occasional paracetamol, esp in the morning (have to have the tablets ready by my bed, as often the hands/fingers can’t get them out of the blister pack, especially in the morning.

Oh yes, sometimes I feel pretty down. And tired. And sometimes lacking in energy & enthusiasm.☹️I have had a gradual increase of food intolerances, starting with wheat 25 yrs ago, and I feel that my RA reacts to my diet. At the moment I am eating a very limited diet, which is helping me to gradually try introducing foods to see if they are culprits. Latest surprising suspect : an orange!😮on 2 days, 4 days apart, I have had a bad day following the orange day. So do need to have another trial day.

I would be interested to hear from anyone whose RA has a link with food.

Thanks for reading my history 🤗

Debbie

Comments