OSTEOARTHRITIS

Options
carribeanqueen
carribeanqueen Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi all Im a newbie & just introducing myself. I am 69 yrs old & was first told I had arthritis in my facet joints approx 10 yrs ago. I was having injections done in my face joints as a day surgery patient by a consultant. I was told it could get worse…And now I have OA in all my joints ie. fingers, neck, shoulders, back, hips, knees, ankles & toes. I was diagnosed last July by a rheumatologist & prescribed Gabapentin & codeine to manage my pain. First thing in the morning Im in pain, can’t walk properly, my joints feel as though rigamortis has set in 😂. I’m looking forward to reading & sharing posts with you all & hope we can support each other when needed.

Comments

• Lane
    Lane Member Posts: 113
    Options

Hi @carribeanqueen welcome to our community.

You have arthritis in my facet joints for 10 years and was having injections. You currently have OA in your fingers, neck, shoulders, back, hips, knees, ankles & toes. The rheumatologist diagnosed and prescribed you with medication last year for your pain. You are looking for support and sharing of tips.

I have attached a couple of links for you to read, I hope you find these helpful:

I am so glad that you found us. Keep posting and you will shortly connect with other members to share support.

Best wishes.

• TLee
    TLee Member Posts: 88
    Options

I feel for you! My grandma had severe, even disfiguring OA in almost every joint. Eventually she needed help getting out of bed & dressing, then help to her recliner where she would spend the day. I have severe OA in my hip and just the usual minor bumps and aches in other places (so far--I'm 62). Knowing how Grandma suffered, my biggest fear is having the pain get worse and having it affect my life to the extent that it did hers. I console myself with the fact that medical science and technology has come quite far since her experience. We have options for staying mobile and dealing with pain that she didn't. I also think that having support from sites like this helps a great deal--she was quite isolated back then. I hope that you find this to be the case!

• carribeanqueen
    Options

I’m sorry to read how your Grandma suffered soo much to such an extent. You are right how Medical science knows more about this awful condition nowadays. I have been a member of a ladies only gym for about 14yrs now & I still keep exercising which is advice I was given by my consultant when I asked if it could aggravate the condition. I’m nowhere near as capable of some exercises anymore but the trainers work out a programme suitable whatever your condition is. My Mum too had arthritis as she became more ‘mature’ in her years & did not have the medication we can get nowadays. She ended up needing a zimmer frame to help her walk. She couldn’t hold things properly because her fingers were soo bad. Im scared I may get like that but am trying to stay positive in the knowledge we can get more medical help today.