Interested in experiences on Apremilast, Otezla?

Options

Hi everyone, I’m new to your forum and very happy to be here. I’m looking for other’s experiences on Apremilast for Psa. I can find all sorts of medical info, but I’m really wanting to hear personal experiences if anyone will please share I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options

Hi @sw8689

Sorry I haven't tried this one, but you might want to look at these threads whcih come up when you do a search. (top right of the page magnifying glass icon.) Might be worth putting in the generic name too in case others have mentioned it under that name.

Best of luck and please do let us know how you get on.

Toni x

• Caleb1981
    Caleb1981 Member Posts: 33
    Options

Hi @sw8689

I was just looking through here for experiences with Apremilast, but like you, I found there’s not a lot.

I started taking it on 9th November 23 and initially, all was well - usual gastric upset and headaches but then soon settled. Unfortunately after 5 week I started to feel really nauseous after taking it, and this feeling became persistent throughout the day - the thought of food just made me feel sick. I also noticed odd heart flutters ( same as I had with Sulfasalazine). I contacted rheumatology when I started to notice the appearance of small itch spots, all over my body. Rheumatology advised that I stopped it - overnight, the side effects stopped and the rash passed with a few days.

Ignoring the above, it was starting to control my PsA.

Just waiting for the next steps.

Interested to hear how you got on with it?