I’m new here & want to say hello

Options
Merrypip
Merrypip Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone, I joined today as I just wanted to say hello and I look forward to meeting you all. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in my hands and wrists about three years ago and I am currently on Methotrexate injections albeit a low dose as my liver readings are all over the place. I was also diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my right knee a couple of months ago but I am determined not to let it get me down. I work almost part time hours as I am 57 years old and I work as an administrator in the NHS. I’m looking forward to talking to you all & getting lots of tips and advice. Take care and have a lovely evening x

Comments

• Woofy
    Woofy Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hi Merrypip.

welcome. You’ve come to the right place. I was diagnosed with R A last year in most of my joints.

been a bit of a journey with it. I’m on Sulphsalazine, and currently another course of steroids. Glad you are being positive, but don’t be afraid to say when it gets a bit much, we have all been there.

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Merrypip and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have rheumatoid arthritis and have been prescribed methotrexate. I am sure that others on the community will connect with you to share their support and experience as well. Our website contains a lot of useful information and I have put a couple of links in below which may be of use.

and

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and good that you are keeping positive, but as @Woofy says we are here for both the good and the bad days. You are now among new friends who understand what you are going through.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jane68
    Jane68 Member Posts: 30
    Options

Hi Merrypip,

I was diagnosed with RA last summer at 54 and am on Methotrexate injections. They work in that the pain is lessened (wrists and ankles) but am finding the fatigue hard.

I work as a domestic cleaner - the glamour - so it does impact that.

Hope you're doing ok.

• Jimmac1953
    Options

Hi...I'm new here...have ostio in both knees....both happened at the same time.....I'm coping OK but each day is so different.....today is hell. ,!

Hello from

JIM

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Jimmac1953

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So I see that you have osteoarthritis in both knees which happened at the same time. You're mainly coping ok, but each day can be different and today has been particularly horrible.

First off, its so nice that you are getting involved and commenting on peoples posts - its a great way to make new friends and also learn new things about our conditions.

Ive posted a few links below of information about osteoarthritis and tips to help manage your pain - hopefully some of it will be new to you.

Please do let us know how you are getting on and do keep getting involved in the community.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)