Hello! We need each other…

Options
Filly
Filly Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

So pleased to find and join your amazing pages! I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis almost 10 years ago.. in my left knee.. had access to some really effective acupuncture! But nothing since.. apart from otc pain relief. Last year was able to attend appointments with community physiotherapist who was so understanding. But now I know that my condition has radically changed.. increased pain and sites… so many flare ups?! I can’t access a gp anymore at my local surgery.. How can I move forward on a proper full diagnosis??

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Filly and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have osteoarthritis in your left knee but are unable to get a diagnosis. Why can't you access a GP anymore? Is it that they are only doing phone consultations (like my local one)? Keep persevering. My wife had problems with her shoulders and eventually the GP saw her and referred her to a consultant, so sometimes you just have to keep on trying. Are there any other GP surgeries nearby you could transfer to?

In the meantime our website has a lot of useful information and I have pasted a couple of links in below which may be of interest.

and

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience as well

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm