Peripheral Neuropathy?

Options

Wasn't expecting this; a week or two back I woke to feel a burning in the soles of my feet and now I've got a tingling at the site of where I fractured my leg in 2000.

All I can think is that it's been brought on by this 'cold snap' (what we used to call winter) in spite of wearing thick woolly socks at night. The other factor will be that I'm using a wheelchair around the house (and sitting still too long) to avoid putting stress on the arm joints which got OA from the crutches I used to save the leg joints - and so it goes round and round..😵‍💫

Has anyone else experienced PN and did it come on so quickly? Perhaps more importantly did it go again? I have to admit it's pretty frightening at the moment.

Speaking to GP on Weds

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 975
    Options

Hi @N1gel ,

You might already know about this, but here’s a link to the Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy which has a section on support groups and also on helping to manage the condition:

Best wishes,

Anna ( Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• N1gel
    N1gel Member Posts: 161
    Options

That's very useful thankyou Anna.

• N1gel
    N1gel Member Posts: 161
    Options

Update on this - turns out it was B12 deficiency. Remedied with injections.

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 756
    Options

Thanks for sharing that with us, it is really useful to know.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Blimey @N1gel

that's scary and everyone needs to know it's possible.😮

I wonder if you could ask the mods to add B12 deficiency to the title or if it can be tagged somehow in case it happens to someone else.

I'm so glad it is being sorted for you

Toni x

• Rina
    Rina Member Posts: 85
    Options

That’s really interesting to know @N1gel, my Mum is recovering from a broken hip and severe ulcerated legs and she gets tremendous pain in her feet, especially during the night, which the District Nurses said was due to PN. Now I think I may ask for her B12 levels to be checked.

Rina