Pain

Options
tracyj11
tracyj11 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone I have just joined, I started late 2018 with knee and hip pain, 2019 x-rays show early arthritis, 2020 really struggling to walk due to pain and knees swelling, put on naproxen then worked my way through the pain meds, im still taking naproxen and 200mg tramadol morning and night, paracetamol, ibuprofen, glucosamine, cbd cream and cbd oil, at Christmas I tried morphine because I can’t sleep for pain it didn’t work I took 20ml of morphine and it didn’t touch it, I’ve lost 6st, I saw constant dec 2022 and was told they had misread MRI there’s a tear to the meniscus too, had injections in knees too, I had x-ray of hip 28-01-23 results back 30-01-23 no joint space and deep marked erosions in both ball and socket, how do you cope with the pain and not sleeping? Any advice greatly appreciated,

kind regards

tracy

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @tracyj11 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have problems with your hip and knee and in a lot of pain. I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experiences but in the meantime have a look through the following from our website which may be of some use.

and

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options

Oh gosh @tracyj11 you have had a tough time!

Are 'they' proposing doing anything to help any sort of surgical intervention? Surely 'they' are concerned about your weight loss?

I was given amitriptyline at one point to help with pain and relax muscles i think (low dose not anti-depressant dose) which had the knock on affect of helping me sleep.

I do hope you'll decide to keep posting and send you some ((()))

Toni x

• tracyj11
    tracyj11 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Toni, thank you for your message, since writing that I have seen someone about my hip, his diagnosis is gross OA of hip and 50% femoral head collapse, I’m on the waiting list for hip replacement which is 15 months, he doesn’t want me to wait that long as it’ll make his job much harder, unfortunately I had to turn the cancellation down due to work but now I’ve finished as a childminder as Ofsted didn’t think I could do my job properly so as of last night I closed my childcare setting, dr has put me on antidepressants, I will ask about amitriptyline I’ve taken it before but I’m not sure if I can take it with meds I’m on, my head is a bit all over the place trying to come to terms with everything, hope your well,

kind regards

tracy