Introducing me!

Options
JudyClare
JudyClare Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi all. I expect mine is a common story on here… I am 60 and have just been diagnosed with severe arthritis in my knees. I have struggled for years now with reducing mobility and increasing pain on walking and attempting stairs. I am now very limited at times- which makes work options difficult. Despite that, I want to live a full life, do still work part time and have just achieved a distinction in my Masters degree. I think because I am not ‘old’ compared to some, I have found it difficult to be taken seriously- it is somewhat of a relief to finally have had x-rays and for my current GP to acknowledge my arthritis as severe. I have now been referred for orthopaedic discussion about surgery. I have other health conditions that mean I gain weight easily and take medication with weight gain as a side effect, and yet I know weight loss will help me more than anything what do others recommend? How do others deal with the low mood and feelings of life closing down that goes along with the reduced mobility and pain?

Comments