Osteoarthritis, help getting out of bed

Options
Carriegold1
Carriegold1 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

hi everyone

the worst time for me is getting out of bed, I look like an old lady with bent legs, back and look like I’m crippled. It takes me a while to straighten up, once I’m up and moving I can cope with it but is there anything I can do that will help me to prepare, in bed please

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hello @Carriegold1 welcome to the online community,

Getting up in the morning is often a trial for anyone but for those of us with joint problems it is extra difficult. Some of our members comment on morning stiffness so you are not alone in your feelings that it is the worst time until you straighten up and get moving.

I attach a new stretching video which gives you exercises to help with preparing your body to flex and take the strain off that first few minutes of night time tension.

We are all being encouraged to take more exercise to sustain and improve the flexibility and mobility of our muscles and joints and there are lots of different ways to do this , so I hope you get a chance to look at the range of "lets move" videos. Lots of our members follow and enjoy the routines and I hope you will to.

We are a friendly and supportive group and hope you will lets us know how you get on.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Carriegold1
    Options

That’s amazing, thank you.

I’m currently doing 10 minute Pilates when I’m up and moving and I’ve found one for arthritis which is good but it’s what I can do before I get up that I need.

Caroline 😀