Stiffer than ever.

Both my hips are stiffer than ever though the left is worse. What I can't understand is that I have faithfully done the exercises from my physio which are similar to those on the Versus arthritis site. However now although I can free them up a bit with exercises they stiffen up almost immediately. After the very short walk I can manage they are worse. Any thoughts has anyone had this problem?

I am due to have an Xray on Monday and see my GP in mid March.

Comments

• Dianes1
    Dianes1 Member Posts: 43

Hi, I have recently had hip replacement as although the exercises the physio gave me helped at first, in the end the pain and stiffness got too much. Are you in much pain? I was shocked after my xray to see my hips were bone on bone and my gp said replacement was the only answer.

Let us know how you get on after your appointments.

• ScaryMary
    ScaryMary Member Posts: 16

Thanks for your comment. I have dull aches rather than a lot of pain but some is probably masked by the gabapentin I take for restless legs.

The stiffness is what I find really difficult, like not being able to walk more than 3- 400yds with 2 sticks. When 3 years ago I was walking several miles.

• Dianes1
    Dianes1 Member Posts: 43

That is so miserable for you. I was taking the maximum 8 per day co-codomol in the end, but this enabled me to walk quite a distance. I was worried about the damage the medication was doing to me but I was desperate to walk.

I think your gp will recommend hip replacement and my advice would be go for it before it gets worse. Take care.

• ScaryMary

Thank you.

• ScaryMary

Thank you.