Cervical Spondylosis

Options
AlanM52
AlanM52 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi there, I've just registered to use the online community in order to share experiences and exchange information with members who suffer from Cervical Spondylosis.

I've been suffering from CS for several years and, over time, it's gradually got worse. Currently, I'm experiencing a lot pain, so much so that I'm finding living with the condition somewhat difficult. Over the years, I've tried various treatments (from drugs to physio), but it's very hit and miss with regards to their short term/long term effectiveness. Perhaps I'm expecting too much. I've now been prescribed Amitriptyline (10mg) and Naproxen (500mg) to see if they help reduce the pain, which can be severe at times. Hopefully, they will.

Finally, it would be both interesting and helpful to hear how other members with CS manage their symptoms and what those symptoms are. 

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Good Morning @AlanM52 Welcome to the Online Community.

I see from your post you have Cervical Spondylosis and are really struggling with your neck. I see you have a new medication regime to try I hope it helps you. Quite a few of our members have this condition so you are definitely not alone.

While you wait for someone to come along and share their story I am going to attach a couple of links which might interest you. This first one is very lengthy I think it's all of interest but you might want to scroll down to 'conditions related to neck pain' which covers Cervical Spondylosis:

This one is about managing your pain:

Please do have a look around the forum at the other categories. Living With Arthritis tends to be very popular.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• AlanM52
    AlanM52 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Ellen, thank you for replying to my message. I'm sorry for the very late reply. I will take a look at the links you suggest in the hope that there's some useful advice on how to ease/deal with the severe pain I am currently experiencing.

Alan