Waiting for TKR

Rea
Rea Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone, hope you're all as well as can be. I am waiting for a TKR and in a lot of pain and my knee is bent in towards the other knee (like knock knee) and I'm wondering if it will be straight again after I've had the operation?

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Hi @Rea

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis online Community.

I see from your post that you are waiting for a TKR and your knee is bent inwards. You are wondering whether it will be straight after your surgery.

That's a difficult one to answer your surgeon is probably best placed to tell you what he/she thinks the outcome should be. Hopefully some of our members who have had their knees replaced will be able to share their own experience with you.

In the meantime I wonder whether you have seen this information?

Now that you've said hello please do have a look at the rest of the forum and join in wherever you want to. You will be made very welcome. Living with Arthritis tends to be one of the more popular categories.

I hope you'll decide to keep posting, some of our members do almost a blog of their surgery journey. This can be so helpful for people facing their own replacement operation.

My best wishes

Ellen.

• Rea
    Rea Member Posts: 3

Ellen, thank you for getting back to me. I look forward to hearing from other members who have had the same problem