HELLO

Options
Cornpop
Cornpop Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I don't think I have said hello yet. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis some years ago, Mainly affects my hands, and especially left hand joints and both hands thumb joints. Left hand cannot make a first. Also get pain when sleeping on left side in knee, but eases if I lie on my back - then I get woken for snoring too much. Doctors did not offer any medication or suggested pain killers, just live with it. Short Sharp pains which happen irregularly, in joints, does sometime limit what I am doing and will limit what and how I can lift items. Mainly find it when washing up, putting dishes away, working in garden.

Fortunately, the pain is not permanent and not overbearingly painful and hope it will never be. I try to exercise the hands a little every day, as one Dr said "use it or loose it"!

I will look at some of the forums and see what is in there. So greetings to all.

David

Comments

• SharminB
    SharminB Moderator Posts: 90
    Options

Hi @Cornpop,

Welcome to our forum :)

Thank you for sharing what's been going on for you. I wonder if you've been referred to an occupational therapist by your GP or healthcare professional? If not this could be helpful for you as you mentioned your sleep and movements being effected. They can assess what things you may need in around the house and support you further on managing your pain and condition. You can read more in the link below.

Best wishes,

Sharmin - Mod :)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm