Say hello

Pollyllop1992
Pollyllop1992 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I am joining the community group in order to make some new friends. I have osteoarthritis in my left hip and awaiting a hip replacement but it's been cancled lots of times last year and now I have put on too much weight and I can't have the operation till I've lost enough weight that my consultant will agree that I'm healthy enough. I'm autiatic and live in burton on Trent Staffordshire and I don't have any friends in my area and would like to make friends as it's pretty lonely hear. I have a boyfriend who I've been with now for5 years and he's lovely. I also have fybromialga, epilepsy functional neurological discordsr, hypermobilty syndrome, planter faciatas in my feert, arthritis in my hands, carpal tunnel syndrome in my hands, migrains, frequent ear infections and a tumor growing in my right ear. All I would like is someone to talk to and to know if there are anyone in burton on Trent Staffordshire who also have arthritis and that I could meet instead of staying at home all the time as it's not helping my mental health staying at home all the time and seeing knowbody.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Hi @Pollyllop1992 welcome to the online community

You are awaiting a hip operation and have been advised to loose some weight before this can happen. You are hoping for some support in your area to help you to continue to do this.

If you go to the main black bar at the top of the VA home page you will see "In your Area" , click on this and numbers of VA groups are advertised with actual or virtual meetings. I hope you are able to find one close by. You mention you have numbers of other health issues and hope that getting out to meet other people will help you make friends and stop you feeling lonely. We hope that now you have found us you will join in with our discussions and enjoy some of the friendly advice and support of our members.

We are all being encouraged to take more exercise and there are some new stretching and exercise videos which many members have found helpful in keeping their muscles and joints flexible and more mobile especially leading up to an operation. I attach a link to these

I have answered your second post elsewhere. When you have had a chance to look at all the information I hope you will let us know how you are getting on. We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Jewels
    Jewels Member Posts: 202

Hi @Pollyllop1992 just wanted to say hi and welcome i read that you have a few things going on including Fnd to which i also have aswell as arthritis in my hip and back. Everyone on here are all brave and brilliant people who will give you advice and support so welcome 😁