Hi everyone

Options
IlonaJ
IlonaJ Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I have Psoriatic and Osteo arthritis and I’m 54 years old. . I was diagnosed with PsA over 20 years ago now and developed Osteoarthritis in my early 40s. I have double hip and knee replacements . I have taken methotrexate for approx 16 years now and last year started on Cosentyx having tried Cimzia, Imraldi ( previously Humira) and Etanercept ( Enbrel) . The drugs have helped keep things at bay and I am especially blessed not to have any psoriasis at the moment - I have had small areas of it in the past but nothing too bad at all .

I also have a problem with my knee - a tiny capillary in the knee area bursts and floods my knee causing much swelling and pain . Unfortunately most tests & investigations are hindered by the fact I have a knee replacement joint. This seriously affects my mobility and I have to use a wheelchair - I can walk around my home but not much beyond that. It has massively impacted on my life and I am struggling to come to terms with it as well as the knock on effect it has had on my body generally regarding the arthritis . I’d like to hear from anyone who has experienced the same or similar.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Comments