Hello everyone I’m just new to the community. I have oysteo arthritis in both hands

Options
1960soupyC
1960soupyC Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

up to the Christmas before last I worked as a self employed bricklayer/builder since I left school, I’m 62 years old and always been fit and healthy.my wife and I had Covid-19 on the Christmas holidays..since then both of us have been suffering from aches and pains on different parts of our bodies.and feeling always tired.In the new year I started a new job.I had been building a new self buid house doing the usual .but then my hands began to swell to the extent my gloves would not fit plus they started to keep me awake at night.then I took a week of work to rest.retuned to work and they all flared up agaiin .went to see a dr and he said I think you have arthritis.3 months later I had them x-rayed .well I could not believe how bad bad my hands were. My two thumb joints are almost worn away .plus both wrists and the knuckles of both hands are badly worn.At the moment I’ve been having physio plus have hat plastic splints made to support my wrists and thumbs.for pain relief I’m taking 60mg of etoricoxib for pain relief.im getting about four hours sleep at night. I’m absolutely exhausted.and I know myself I’m heading for a breakdown.from been always fit and enjoying life going to work every day..out in the garage fixing stuff.always doing something..now i keep dropping things.It was even my sons birthday and we were out for a meal with friends . a while back I was cutting a piece of meat .and ended up with half the meal in my lap..just so embarrassing .And the pain I’m suffering is horrendous..then also I’ve had numerous ear infections cramps in my legs and suffering from shear exhaustion. I had a visit to my doctor 3months ago and I had a blood test taken. Which showed that I was lacking in vitamin D..I have been taking vitamin D supplements for 2months but I was still lacking.then a few weeks back my local pharmacy suggested I take the vitamin D in liquid form and spray it into my mouth.and it seems to help. But my doctor would not write me a prescription for it.as it is 11.50£ for a small 30ml bottle.the other thing that has happened to me is I applied for PIP but I was not successful. I’m going to try again.then they told me to apply for universal credit.but as my wife worked two weekends overtime that month they said because we have £24000 gross per year coming in I would not qualify for that either.so now my wife is keeping me on her measley wage. As I have no income at all now.

Comments