Elbow joint replacement
I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis for many years and as a result have a knee replacement which is great and have 6monthly steriod injections in my ankle. I am now struggling with the pain in my elbow joint which I have had a few steriod injections into the joint which gives short term relief. However my orthopaedic consultant is not willing to inject the joint anymore as the only option now is a joint replacement.
My hobbies are fishing and gardening. As I am informed that the maximum weight I will be able to lift is a bag of sugar I would be unable to carry on with my hobbies.
Does anyone have experience of having had a elbow replacement and if so I would love to hear of the limitations to day to day living.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe