knee osteoarthritis

Options
NeedaP
NeedaP Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I consulted 2 doctors as i was suffering from knee pain. One confirmed osteoarthritis and other said it's not. my knee gives a mild crackling sound while walking sometimes but not always. there's no swelling or burning sensation either. I am confused whether it really is arthritis or no. pls guide

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Moderator Posts: 272
    Options

Hello @NeedaP

I am glad that you have found this supportive community, and I hope that you will get some helpful comments from members to help with your confusion. I am posting a link to information below which will hopefully be a starting point for you:

I hope you will find this information helpful. Do let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Fran54
    Fran54 Member Posts: 180
    Options

Hi

@NeedaP

I am wondering if perhaps you should go back and see a Doctor again and see if he/she will let you have an x-ray done ( this may help with a diagnosis ) but I am no expert . I find that when I have been quite active my right knee ( is arthritic ) clicks and It feels like bone on bone, but is not swollen. I hope that you can get some sort of diagnosis as that can help moving forward with the relevant treatment.

Let us know how you get on. Take care.😊