Head in a spin over medication

Options

Good morning,

I've recently been diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis, my consultant hasn't formally diagnosed yet as he wanted a couple of other blood tests done first.

He has however started me on methotrexate. I'm taking my first dose this evening, but have a query. Is it okay to take prednisolone and methotrexate on the same day? I'm also taking omeprazole to settle my stomach whilst on prednisolne. This was prescribed by my GP not rheumatologist. I've since read that it's not ideal to take omeprazole and methotrexate together. Please can someone advise.

I've always taken a more natural route to healing, but understand that in this situation it's best to use medication alongside other holistic/lifestyle choices options, like diet etc. My heads literally spinning!

Thank you,

Louise 🙏

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Moderator Posts: 272
    edited 10. Mar 2023, 16:16
    Options

Hello @Lou_Lou_80

Welcome to this supportive online community. I hope you will find it helpful to share your experiences and get help from others. I can imagine all the information may be confusing but it is important to talk to your doctor about the medication prescribed. Below I am putting some information for you, which I hope will help you:

Any questions about medication you will need to ask your doctor or rheumatology team.

Do keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    edited 8. Mar 2023, 10:31
    Options

Hi @Lou_Lou_80

Thank you for posting on our online community, we are sorry to hear that all this is very confusing for you, but you are not on your own it can be a difficult process to start with, but hopefully once you have had those further tests done things will start to fall into place and the treatment will help.

Unfortunately, because we are not medically trained on the Helpline, we are unable to answer medical questions and would need to refer you to your healthcare practitioner for further advice, we are sorry we are unable to answer your questions.

Thank you, Caryl, for adding those links and we hope that they have helped in some way.

Best wishes

Chris

Helpline Advisor

• MarkInSussex
    MarkInSussex Member Posts: 31
    Options

I take Omeprazole & Prednisone, plus a few other pills and potions every morning at breakfast, but have Methotrexate on a Saturday lunchtime all prescribed by the Consultant and never had a problem, best bet and as per above is talk to your Rheumatology team at the hospital and they will be able to answer any concerns you have.

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    edited 7. Mar 2023, 07:54
    Options

Good Morning @MarkInSussex welcome to the online community. ( @Lou_Lou_80 apologies for the hijack)

I just wanted to say hello and how nice it is to see someone's first post being helping another member by sharing your own experience and advice.

I do hope you'll decide to 'hang around' and continue posting.

Thank you again and best wishes

Ellen.