Methotrexate and folic acid

Options

Hi

I've just realised that I've taken folic acid today and I am due to do my methotrexate injection today too. Obviously not meant to have them on the same day. Has anybody else done this, and if so, what did you do? Don't know whether to take it today anyway, or take it tomorrow, but then I really need to be taking it on Saturdays so don't know what I'd do for next weekend. Gahhh I've just come out of hospital this week for forgetting to take my steroids for 3 days and getting rather unwell. I have 24 different medications to take daily and although the majority are in dossette boxes, not all are as they're changeable aka steroids, folic acid etc.

I hate Stills Disease and the treatments so much!!

Jess

Comments

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 715
    Options

Hi @JessicaLizzie

I think if I were you I'd take it tomorrow and not take the folic acid tomorrow. That's what I've done in the past when I missed my MTX pill day. I've then just reverted to my normal day the following week as I doubt 1 day shorter interval will be an issue.

I can empathise re drug intake - though I'm only on 8 different drugs (101 pills a week). The blister pack is very helpful for remembering to take them - I also have a reminder on my phone.

• JessicaLizzie
    Options

@jamieA thank you for your reply. That's what I was erring to do, and I know nobody can give medical advice per se but wanted to see if anybody had done this before and what they did to see if I was thinking along the right lines. I daren't count how many I take a week!! 😂