Lisà73
Lisà73 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi I am new to the group so thought I would stop by and say hello 👋

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Lisà73 Welcome to the Versus Arthritis online Community. I'm glad you stopped by to say hello and hope you will pop in again🙂

You don't say which type of Arthritis you have so I am going to just pop this link on for you to read if you want to about managing our symptoms:

Now that you've said hello maybe you'll fancy looking around at the rest of the forum and joining in elsewhere. Living with Arthritis tends to be a very poplar category.

Best wishes and I hope to see you posting again soon.

Ellen.

• Rina
    Rina Member Posts: 85
    Options

Hello back to you @Lisà73, it's nice to meet you!

I hope you find the forum as friendly, supportive and useful as I do. There's always someone who has got an answer to any of the questions I have!

• Lisà73
    Lisà73 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi thank you for welcoming me to your group I have psoriatic arthritis and osteoarthritis, I have suffered since the age of 27, however I did not get a diagnosis until I was 38

• Hyder2020
    Hyder2020 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi, hope you are doing well. I have recently been diagnosed with Psoriasis Arthritis. I am 49, and seems like same as you went undiagnosed for many years. After doing a lot of research on line seems like it is very tricky to treat it in a safe manner. Most medications have potential side effects. So it would be nice to know what you have been prescribed and how is it all going. I am on methxrate 2.5mg once a week initially.

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @hyder2020. I see that you have recently been given a diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. You are being treated with 2.5mg of methotrexate. 

Here is a link to information on your condition taken from our website: 

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2022/may/all-about-psoriatic-arthritis/

As is this link on Methotrexate: 

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2022/march/common-questions-about-taking-methotrexate/ 

If you have further concerns, you may find that the rheumatology department you attend has a telephone advice line. In my experience they have always been most helpful. 

Good luck and let us know how you get on. 

Tom, 

Moderator. 

• Nfk_gal0617
    Nfk_gal0617 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Hi Lisa and Hyder, Hello,

I agree, the more I read the more people I come across who have taken several years to get a correct diagnosis. How many are not getting timely treatment to limit joint damage I wonder.

I have just started Sulfasalazine this week. Starting at 500mg per day working up to 2000 per day over the next four weeks. Fingers crossed my bloods are ok on the 18th.

Its nerve raking isn't it, all the side effects mentioned. I asked a local pharmacist who tells me he issues it on a regular basis, so hopefully working for some people out there.

Will be interesting to see how we all get on. Its re assuring to know I am not alone in being apprehensive.

Take care both, Nfk Gal

• Hyder2020
    Hyder2020 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi, hope you are doing well. I have recently been diagnosed with Psoriasis Arthritis. I am 49, and seems like same as you went undiagnosed for many years. After doing a lot of research on line seems like it is very tricky to treat it in a safe manner. Most medications have potential side effects. So it would be nice to know what you have been prescribed and how is it all going. I am on methxrate 2.5mg once a week initially.

• Nfk_gal0617
    Nfk_gal0617 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Hi Hyder2020, How long have you been taking Methotraxate and are you ok so far?

This is only my fourth day and no side effects yet with me, so keeping fingers crossed, well the ones that are not fixed out straight!! The drug i've been started on is milder that Methotraxate I believe, but side effects can be late appearing so early days.

Next week I shall have to start having breafast to take my tablet - been trying to loose weight since putting on a lot when my feet were effected and I could not walk. I was also very fed up with all the difficulties of having joints that did not function and comfort eat.

Nfk gal