New to group.

Options
catriona123
catriona123 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Diagnosed with seronegative inflammatory arthritis four years ago.

Prescribed prednisone. Now have new Doctors who thinks it’s Osteoarthritis and have stopped prednisone.

Feel like I am back at he beginning trying to find answers and a treatment that works

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Good Morning @catriona123

I see from your post that you were initially diagnosed with seronegative inflammatory arthritis 4 years ago. You now have a new Dr who believes you have Osteoarthritis and has stopped the prednisone you were taking as a result. Not having a positive Rheumatoid factor in your bloods does make diagnosis more difficult.

I was wondering whether this new Dr is a GP or a Rheumatologist and whether the steroids had been working.

Are you being offered any treatment at all now?

Getting the right diagnosis can be very hard, but certain diagnostic test ought to help:

This member

@gingercat posted last week also struggling with diagnosis I don't know whether her post and my reply (although her situation is not the same as yours) might help? You might even be able to support one another.

My very best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options

@catriona123

I am so sorry you are back to sqaure one. It's awful.

Have they left you will any treatment? Did the steroids work for you? You must be so upset. In your shoes I'd be bawling. Then I'd pick myself up try looking for evidence.

Those tests that Ellen mentioned should help for instance inflammatory arthritis can show in ultrasounds MRIs can show changes to joints associated with different kinds of arthritis. Bloods can help too if they show inflammation or for some the Rheumatoid factor.

My top tip is never to go to the Drs alone if you can help it. They find it less easy to fob you off if you aren't alone and you have back up too.

Sending ((()))

Toni x